November STEM Accessibility talks
Math Accessibility, Part 1: Math as a Language — November 8 from 12-1 pm. Whiting School of Engineering staff will present on Math as a language and what can be done to present Math content in more accessible ways.
Math Accessibility, Part 2: Equation Creation Tools — Nov. 15 from 12-1 pm. WSE staff share best practices for creating accessible equations using the tools MathType, EquatIO, and the Canvas equation editor.
Previously Recorded Events and Trainings:
- Ableism and Unconscious Bias, Part 1 (February 2022) (For JHU community only)
- Accessible and Inclusive Meetings, Events and Conferences webinar (JHM Office of Diversity, Inclusion, and Health Equity webinar, March 2022) Link to event slides
- Demystifying Disability — a Fireside Chat with Emily Ladau (JHU community event, July 2022)
- Best Practices for Accessible Content Creation (JHU Be an Ally Event, April 2023)
- Social Media Accessibility (JHU Be an Ally Event, April 2023)
- Creating Accessible Word and Powerpoint Files (JHU Be an Ally Event, April 2023)
- Practical Strategies for Enhancing Digital Accessibility at JHU by Prof. Jonathan Lazar (May 2023)