Student Disability Services is using a new database called Accommodation Information Management (AIM).
- Accommodate (the previous database) will be used through the completion of Summer 2022 courses.
- All request for accommodations for Fall 2022 will be made through the new system, AIM.
- Faculty will receive accommodation letters by email and the letters will also be available in the Faculty Portal within AIM. The portal will be accessed using your Hopkins JHED ID and password. Single sign on will work after the first time if you use it.
- Please reference the Faculty Guidelines for Using AIM for more information about how to use the portal.
This section contains important information to help faculty work with students with disabilities in the management of a student’s approved reasonable accommodations. Each school has a designated coordinator who is available at any time to help answer questions and with the assistance of the ADA Compliance Officer, to come in to your department and conduct a faculty training on disability accommodations.
Below is a list of the contacts at each school or program:
- Advanced Academic Programs, Krieger School of Arts and Sciences
- Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Carey Business School
- Engineering for Professionals
- Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS)
- Peabody Conservatory
- School of Education
- School of Medicine
- School of Medicine – PhD Programs
- School of Medicine – Post Docs
- School of Nursing
There are a number of things faculty can do to assist students with disabilities and help ensure that all aspects of your class are accessible to students with disabilities.
Below are some quick links to some of the important information
- Guidelines for Teaching Students with Disabilities
- Hopkins Universal Design for Learning Initiative
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Extended Time on Assignments
- Tips for Working with People with Disabilities
If at any time you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Office of Institutional Equity
Johns Hopkins University
Wyman Park Building, Suite 515
3400 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218