Johns Hopkins is committed to ensuring full and equal access to all its facilities. This website will be updated to reflect known construction activity and elevator outages that would impact disability access. If at any time there is an issue that is not reported on this website or if you have a question about physical access, please contact the Office of Institutional Equity at [email protected]  or 410-516-8075.

Construction Updates

Information on campus construction projects and outages can be found on the Johns Hopkins Facilities & Real Estate website.

Elevator Outages

To report elevator or automatic door outages:

Homewood Campus or call 410-516-8063

Other Johns Hopkins Facilities

Campus Accessibility Map

We are excited to be able to share the Homewood Campus Accessibility Map. The university worked with the Institute for Human Centered Design (IHCD) to develop a Campus Access map for the Homewood campus and immediate surrounding areas. Student feedback was incorporated into this initial version.

The map contains important accessibility features including the locations of accessible building entrances, accessible routes, and the grade (slope) of exterior pathways. This is intended to serve as a resource for disabled students, faculty, staff, and visitors on the Homewood campus.

This is the first phase of our accessibility map project.  The university is researching mobile app capabilities that would provide an accessible experience for blind or nonvisual users, offer a more interactive experience, and be easier to update with changes.  As we move into the second phase of the project there will be more opportunities to engage a larger group for their feedback.

Accessible Parking

Homewood Campus

East Baltimore Campus


The Homewood-Peabody-JHMI shuttle is accessible. The JHU Transportation website has information on JHU campus shuttles.

The JHU transportation website also has information on accessible transportation.

Emergency Evacuation

Individuals who may need assistance in an emergency evacuation should request an accommodation. Students residing in a residence hall should refer to the Disability Emergency Evacuation Protocol for Residence Halls.